All players registered in the Northern beaches touch park competition are eligible to trial for Renegades representative teams. The players will be trialling for a Junior State cup team to compete up in the NSW touch State Cup tournament in Port Macquarie in February 15th,16th & 17th 2017. The age divisions are Under 10s, 12s, 14s, 16s and 18s boys and girls.
1ST ROUND OF TRIAL DATES FOR 2017-
Monday September 18th- Under 10 boys & girls- 4.30pm (2008, 2009 birth dates)
Tuesday September 19th- Under 12 boys & girls- 4.30pm (2006, 2007)
Wednesday September 20th- Under 14 boys & girls- 4.30pm (2004, 2005)
SCHOOL HOLIDAY BREAK
2ND ROUND OF TRIALS
Monday October 9th- Under 10 boys 7 girls
Tuesday October 10th- Under 12 boys & girls
Wednesday October 11th- Under 14 boys & girls
Thursday October 12th- Under 16 boys & Girls, Under 18 boys & Girls.
Please note all current rep players from JSC 2017 must attend both trials. If for any reason you can’t be present please send us an email with explanation.
Coaches & selectors will be recruiting new players from the park competition at Friday night games & inviting them to trials.
Important Dates for JSC lead up
Renegades Gala Day- Sat 8th December 2017
Scorpions Gala Day- Sun 28th January 2018 (TBC)
Parramatta Gala Day- Friday 2nd February 2018
Bankstown Gala Day- Sun 4th February 2018
Club Day- Sat 10th Feb 2018
Presentation Day- Sun 25th February 2018
Touch football for opens is pretty much a year round sport now. Our seniors 2 main tournaments are Senior State cup in December which is held at Port Macquarie and Vawdon Cup which is played all over Sydney from the end of July to November. Your eligible from the age of 14 to play in the senior competition and trial for a representative team.
Northern beaches touch Association
Representative Team Selection Policy (Seniors & Juniors) –
Selection Criteria and Selection Process:
All teams representing Northern beaches touch shall be selected according to this policy with the aim of ensuring that team selections are objective, are seen to be fair by all, and ensure all aspiring players are given a reasonable opportunity to demonstrate their skills and abilities.
Team selections shall occur under the auspices of a selection panel of three selectors drawn from a selection committee of at least five appointed by the Northern beaches Executive.
Any disputes in relation to the selection process shall be overseen by the Executive. The final decision on selections shall be made by the Northern beaches Executive & head selector of Northern beaches touch.
A selection panel will be appointed by the Executive to select teams in consultation with the relevant Representative Director (Junior or Senior).
The trials and selection process shall be finalised at a date determined by Executive, which takes into account all relevant factors.
In cases where the number of players ‘trying out’ is less than the player numbers required, a panel may not be required.
The appointed Selection Panel will choose the relevant team based on the below criteria in consultation with the appointed Coach and/or Coaches. The criteria need not have equal weighting but must be taken into account.
Player selection criteria:
- Player fitness including consideration of injuries.
- Player agility, speed and ball skills.
- Player reading of attack and defence including positional play.
- Overall skill needs of team and reasonable comparison of players with regard to positions players are trialing for.
- Player integration into team including teamwork, moves and harmony.
- Demonstrated player respect for others including team-mates, opposition, referees & coaches.
- Must be an Affiliated and Financial member of Northern beaches Touch Association, including participation in Northern beaches touch current competition as well as meeting Northern beaches and NSWTA tournament eligibility requirements.
- All players will be informed that selection will occur based on the NBT Selection Policy.
- Players who are unlikely to be selected or who are not selected should be notified before successful players and in an appropriate manner by the Selection Panel or Junior Representative Director or by a representative of the Northern beaches touch Executive Committee.
- All interested players will be fully informed on an equal basis of trial and training information.
Some unsuccessful players may be appointed as ‘Shadow Players’ who may be given the opportunity to continue to participate in training and games to assist with their development and in the event of other players being injured or unavailable for any reason. It will be the coaches discretion on whether they participate in gala days or not.